Medication & Pharmacology
Graduates will assist people with developmental disabilities to realize their full potential by forming lifelong partnerships with individuals and their families.
- Assist clients to develop their daily living skills
- Support clients in meeting physical/health needs
- Assist clients in developing their communication, social, life and daily living skills
- Aid clients in managing their finances
- Assist clients to participate in leisure time activities
- Support clients in developing an awareness of their religious background
- Help clients develop and maintain relationships with family, peers and staff.
This course includes verbal and physical techniques for dealing with escalating behavior. This is a hands-on course. Be prepared to participate in physical activities. Wear comfortable clothing and running shoes.
This course in crisis management and intervention - ‘‘Safe Management’’ replaced CPI in aiding individuals in crisis through a safe and pro-active de-escalation process.
Developed by the Safe Management Group, which is based in Oakville, Ontario, Safe Management training is a Canadian creation designed to provide professional, inclusive, and client-specific safety techniques for staff working with individuals who may become violent and upset for a variety of reasons. The focus of the training is; “to ensure the safety of everyone involved, to support the policies of individual agencies and adhere to all relevant government acts” (Safe Management Group). The philosophy behind Safe Management is in the prevention of violent incidents before they occur, and, should intervention become necessary, to be employed with the least intrusive measures as possible.